Our transportation department transports over 550 consumers and students in 35 buses covering 637 square miles.
TRAINING AND SAFETY
Our priority and focus is safety first always. All of our bus drivers have met the following state requirements
- Background Check FBI and BCII
- Pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screens
- Pre-employment and annual physicals
- Required hours of Commercial Driver’s License training and Ohio Department of Education Driver Training
- Bureau of Motor Vehicle background check
- Annual In-service training
- Monthly staff meetings
- First Aid/CPR and Crisis Training
Our dedicated Transportation staff is proud to meet the needs of the individuals we serve.
BUS SAFETY INFORMATION
- Please make sure individuals are ready five minutes before their scheduled pick-up time.
- Transportation staff is not permitted to leave the bus, please make sure someone escorts individuals to and from the bus.
- Only Transportation staff is permitted to place riders in car seats or wheelchair bracketing systems.
- Eating and drinking on the bus are not permitted.
- Please do not send dangerous objects such as glass, knives, firearms, ammunition, explosives, etc.
TRANSPORTATION CHANGES AND SICK DAYS
- Any changes to an individual's bus route must be requested 24 hours prior to the change.
- If an individual will not be riding the bus due to illness or other emergency, please contact the Transportation Office prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
- If an individual misses three (3) consecutive days, the bus will not return until we received notification from the adult day program the individual attends.
- Additional 2016-2017 Program information coming soon
420 Lincoln Way
Niles, OH 44446