Our Board provides transportation services for all program areas to include: Early Intervention, Preschool, School age, Adult Services, and Seniors. More than 700 individuals are transported in 36 vehicles. We travel approximately 700,000 miles countywide each year.
We are a specialized, door-to-door service providing transportation to and from each program, as well as field trips, community experiences, and Special Olympics. Each vehicle is staffed with a driver and an aide in an effort to provide a safe and efficient service adapting to the specific and unique needs of each individual.
In order to receive services from the Trumbull County Board of Developmental Disabilities, a person must:
- be a resident of Trumbull County;
- have documented disability, a physical or mental impairment other than mental illness, and that disability:
- must have manifested prior to the age of 22 and
- is likely to continue indefinitely;
- have completed an assessment called the Ohio Eligibility Determination Instrument (C/OEDI), and documented substantial functional limitations in several areas of the instrument.
The board, leadership, and employees of the Trumbull County Board of Developmental Disabilities are steadfast in maintaining and creating programs and services that meet the unique needs of individuals and their families.