TCBDD Employment Services assists individuals who want to work in the community to find and retain employment that matches their skills and interests. Through TCBDD Employment Services, individuals will learn new skills, make new friends, be part of a team, expand their opportunities and become more independent.
TCBDD Employment Services offers many services and training opportunities to help job seekers secure employment and be successful. These services include:
- During a community-based assessment, individuals experience working at a local business for a brief period of time. This will identify their strengths and needs to make recommendations for future planning.
- Career exploration is used to help individuals determine what type of job they want. Individuals visit various businesses and conduct informational interviews with employees performing the jobs in which they are interested. Individuals may also have the opportunity to job shadow and observe the employee performing the tasks associated with the identified occupation.
Resume and Application Assistance
- TCBDD Employment Services staff members help individuals develop professional resumes and complete and submit job applications to businesses where they would like to work.
Interview and Job Readiness Training
- TCBDD Employment Services staff will arrange mock interviews to help individuals prepare for job interviews. They will also help individuals learn any skills for working in the community.
Customized Job Placements
- The success of individuals is our primary goal. TCBDD Employment Services professional staff members specialize in finding jobs that fit an individual’s skills and strengths.
- TCBDD Employment Services assists individuals in arranging transportation to and from work if needed.
Job Coaching to Help Individuals Succeed
- Job coaching provides one-on-one instruction once an individual has been hired. A job coach helps the new employee learn job tasks, develop natural and peer supports, and to adjust to his/her work environment.
Ohio Certified Staff to Assist You
- All TCBDD Employment Services staff are OOD/DODD certified and have gone through specialized training to better assist individuals achieve their employment goals.
- Once an individual has completed 90 days of employment, a TCBDD Employment Services staff person will periodically check in to see how he/she is doing.
Pre- Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)
- Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) are provided to students who have been determined eligible or are potentially eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) services. Services are used to improve the transition of students from school to postsecondary education and/or an employment outcome.