Direct Link is a vendor through OOD (Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities).
Click below to access the Direct Link website:
Direct Link assists individuals who want to work in the community find and retain employment that matches skills and interests. Through Direct Link, individuals will learn new skills, make new friends, be part of a team, expand their opportunities and become more independent.
Direct Link offers many services and training opportunities to help job seekers secure employment and be successful. These services include:
- During a community based assessment, individuals experience working at a local business for a brief period of time. This will identify his/her strengths and needs to make recommendations for future planning.
- Career exploration is used to help individuals determine what type of job he/she wants. Individuals visit various businesses and conduct informational interviews with employees performing jobs they are interested in. Individuals may also have the opportunity to job shadow and observe the other individual performing the job tasks associated with the identified occupation.
Resume and Application Assistance
- Direct Link's staff help individuals develop professional resumes and complete and submit job applications at businesses they would like to work at.
Interview and Job Readiness Training
- Direct Link's staff will arrange mock interviews to help individuals prepare for job interviews. They will also help individuals learn any skills for working in the community.
Customized Job Placements
- Individual’s success is our primary goal. Direct Link's professional staff specialize in finding jobs that fit an individual's skills and strengths.
- Direct Link assists individuals in arranging transportation to and from work if needed.
Job Coaching to Help Individuals Succeed
- Job Coaching provides one-on-one instruction once an individual has been hired. A job coach helps the new employee learn job tasks, develop natural and peer supports, and to adjust to his/her work environment.
Ohio Certified Direct Link Staff to Assist You
- All Direct Link staff are OOD/DODD certified and have gone through specialized training to better assist individuals achieve their employment goals.
Community Employment Follow-Along Services
- Once an individual has completed 90 days of employment, a Direct Link staff person will periodically check in to see how he/she is doing.
- Threads of Success is a donation-based clothes closet that provides job seekers with interview appropriate clothing FREE of charge.